SERVE Committee (Service Experience with Richter Volunteer Events)
The SERVE Committee is made up of student-leaders who are dedicated to providing their peers with quality community service opportunities. This committee helps plan, coordinate, and implement service activities for Make a Difference Day, Serving Fresno Day, and Spring into Service – three major national and local days of service.
Students who participate in SERVE make a year-long commitment and gain valuable organization, marketing, communication, and teamwork skills. Additionally, these students have the rewarding experience of facilitating hundreds of needed service hours for partner community benefit organizations.
Other SERVE Committee Member duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend all scheduled meetings during the Fall and Spring semester (date and time, TBD)
- Participate in all three one-day service projects:
- Make a Difference Day (SAT, 10/17/20; 7am-2pm)
- Serving Fresno Day (SAT, 11/21/20; 7am-2pm)
- Spring into Service (SAT, 4/24/21; 7am-2pm)
- Attend all Richter Center Student Leader Retreats and Trainings:
- New Member Orientation (Note: this is a virtual meeting) (WED, 5/27/20; 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
- Fall All-RCSL Retreat (WED-FRI, AUG 12 – 14, 2020)
- LIFT Conference (FRI-SUN, NOV 6-8, 2020)
- Winter All-RCSL Retreat (TUE, 1/19/21)
- Spring All-RCSL In-Service Training (SAT, 3/13/21)
- Attend Event Planning Boot Camp (TUE, 8/11/20)
- Complete one office hour per week
Learn more about being a committee member by downloading the 2020-21 SERVE Position Description.