SERVE Committee (Service Experience with Richter Volunteer Events)
The SERVE Committee is made up of student-leaders who are dedicated to providing their peers with quality community service opportunities. This committee helps plan, coordinate, and implement one-day service events with local community benefit orgaizations..
Students who participate in SERVE make a year-long commitment and gain valuable organization, marketing, communication, and teamwork skills. Additionally, these students have the rewarding experience of facilitating hundreds of needed service hours for partner community benefit organizations.
Other SERVE Committee Member duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend all scheduled meetings during the Fall and Spring semester (date and time, TBD)
- Participate in at least two service days per semester (date and time, TBD based on your community partner)
- Attend all RCSL Retreats and Trainings
- New Member Orientation (Tue. May 18: 10-11:30 AM; Virtual)
- Event Planning Boot Camp (Tue. May 25; Virtual)
- Summer Reflection Institute (Mon.-Tue. August 9-10; Virtual or in-person depending on public health guidelines)
- Fall All-RCSL Retreat (Wed.-Fri. August 11-13; Virtual or in-person depending on public health guidelines)
- LIFT Conference (multiple dates in November; TBA)
- Winter All-RCSL Retreat (Tue. January 18, 2022; Virtual or in-person depending on public health guidelines)
- Spring All-RCSL In-Service Training (Sat. March 12, 2022; Virtual or in-person depending on public health guidelines)
- Complete one office hour per week
Learn more about being a committee member by downloading the 2021-22 SERVE Position Description.