Richter Center Reflection Facilitators (ReFs)
Richter Center Reflection Facilitators (ReFs) help Fresno State students make meaning from their service experiences by guiding them through critical thinking activities called reflection. This includes facilitating reflection at one-day service events planned by the SERVE Committee, leading Fresno State service-learning students in orientation workshops to prepare them for their service, and other reflective workshops for Fresno State student groups.
Students serving as ReFs undergo extensive training to learn facilitative leadership skills as well as various reflection tools. This program is especially useful for students who are interested in gaining leadership experience, are looking to further explore the field of community service, or are particularly interested in sharpening their group facilitation skills.
Other ReFs duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend all Richter Center Student Leader Retreats and Trainings:
- New Member Orientation (Note: this is a virtual meeting) (WED, 5/27/20; 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
- Event Planning Boot Camp (TUE, 8/11/20)
- Fall All-RCSL Retreat (WED – FRI, AUG 12-14, 2020)
- LIFT Conference (FRI-SUN, NOV 6-8, 2020)
- Winter All-RCSL Retreat (TUE, 1/19/21)
- Spring All-RCSL In-Service Training (SAT, 3/13/21)
- Attend Reflection Summer Institute (MON – TUE, AUG 10 – 11, 2020)
- Attend weekly team meetings (date and time, TBD)
- Complete one office hour per week
- Participate in all three one-day service projects:
- Make a Difference Day (SAT, 10/17/20; 7am-2pm)
- Serving Fresno Day (SAT, 11/21/20; 7am-2pm)
- Spring into Service (SAT, 4/24/21; 7am-2pm)
Learn more about being a ReF by downloading the 2020-21 ReF position description.