The Richter Center Ambassadors
Since 2008, the Richter Center Ambassadors have been working to make community service a part of the Fresno State experience for all students, faculty, and staff. They do this by acting as:
- Role Models
Ambassadors volunteer their time for an entire academic year to plan and implement campus-wide campaigns to promote service, such as the Picture the Change campaign, Random Acts of Kindness, and National Volunteer Week. The Ambassadors also plan and facilitate presentations and workshops about various aspects of community engagement. Additionally, Ambassadors promote, support, and attend Richter Center events, such as national and local days of service (like Make a Difference Day), Kids Day, the Community Service Opportunities Fairs, and campus blood drives.
Other Ambassadors duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend all RCSL Retreats and Trainings:
- New Member Orientation (Note: this is a virtual meeting) (WED, 5/27/20; 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
- Fall All-RCSL Retreat (WED-FRI, AUG 12 – 14, 2020)
- LIFT Conference (FRI-SUN, NOV 6-8, 2020)
- Winter All-RCSL Retreat (TUE, 1/19/21)
- Spring All-RCSL In-Service Training (SAT, 3/13/21)
- Attend weekly team meetings on TBD
- Complete one office hour per week
- Attend Event Planning Boot Camp (TUE, 8/11/20)
- Remain active in personal service efforts: must complete fifteen personal service hours per semester, including attending one of the following: Make a Difference Day (10/17/20), Serving Fresno Day (11/21/20), or Spring into Service (4/24/21)
Learn more about being an Ambassador by downloading the 2020-21 Ambassador Position Description.
Apply online by 11:59 PM on May 4, 2020 at bit.ly/2021rcsl. To see a preview of the application, download the 2021 RCSL Application Preview. Learn more about the Reflection Facilitators, Alternative Break Team Leader, and SERVE Committee.