Richter Center Student Leadership Program: Our Values
We are dedicated to positively impacting our community through service. We strive to…
- Provide service that is meaningful to both the server and the recipient.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and right to self-determination of the individual or group being served.
- Develop a lifelong ethic of service.
- Approach service experiences with an open mind and open heart.
- Selflessly give our time, talents, skills, and compassion to be servant leaders in our own communities.
We are committed to fostering a sense of belonging and purpose within our team. We strive to…
- Support each other when facing challenges and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Encourage vulnerability and practice empathy.
- Empower individuals to recognize their own gifts and agency.
- Extend kindness and gratitude in our interactions.
- Collaborate by incorporating multiple voices and skills to achieve a shared goal.
We believe that in holding ourselves to high standards we can rise to meet them. We strive to…
- Stay curious in moments of conflict and assume good intent.
- Always practice honesty and openness.
- Hold ourselves accountable to the things we say and the commitments we make.
- Honor the trust we’ve built within our team.
We are invested in the personal and professional development of our team. We strive to…
- Engage in a reflective practice to both identify areas for growth and recognize how far we’ve come.
- Fail forward–viewing failures as opportunities to learn and thrive.
- Grow at our own pace and encourage each other throughout the process, meeting people where they are.
- Develop as courageous leaders who are vulnerable and are committed to the team.