The Richter Center is now accepting applications for new Ambassadors for the 2009-10 academic year.
The Richter Center Ambassadors is a team of students with exceptional dedication to service. This year, 3 – 5 students will be selected to join the existing Ambassador team to help further develop the program and extend outreach to Fresno State and the community. The following list of past projects provides a sample of service-related activities candidates can expect to engage in as an Ambassador. Last year, Richter Center Ambassadors produced the Picture the Change campaign to assist Fresno State students, faculty, and staff in creating pledges to positively impact the community; represented Fresno State at service related forums, conferences, and symposiums; participated in leadership trainings and workshops; represented Fresno State service efforts to community leaders and the media; supported and promoted Richter Center events and service projects like Serving Fresno Day, Kid’s Day, and the Services to the Community Expo; among many other activities.
The Richter Center is currently seeking strong candidates who can demonstrate the following desired qualities:
- Demonstrated commitment to and passion for community engagement and service-learning
- Proven leadership skills/experience or a genuine interest in leadership opportunities
- Independently engaged in service activities
- Strong communication skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Comfortable working groups
- Creative thinker
- Able to commit roughly 2 – 4 hours per week for one full academic year
- Ability to attend weekly meetings on Wednesdays from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
For more information or to apply, contact: Mellissa Jessen, Assistant Director of the Jan and Bud Richter Center for Community Engagement and Service-Learning at Fresno State by calling 278-6986 or by emailing email@example.com.